Request Form for Rapid Test Kit - NAMAO SCHOOL
Round TWO Requests (NOT YET RECEIVED)
Round ONE Requests (RECEIVED JANUARY 24, 2022)
2021 -2022 Sturgeon Public School Year Plan
LAST UPDATED: January 16, 2022
The updated 2021-2022 School Year Plan, the Government of Alberta COVID-19 Information for K-12 Schools and School Buses and the Alberta Health Daily Checklist for Adults and Children are provided here for your information.
The changes on the 2021-2022 School Year Plan are highlighted in red and marked as NEW. The GoA document and the Daily Checklist changes are highlighted in yellow.
(Updated: January 16th) Key changes:
January 11, 2022, The Government of Alberta updated the definition of “confirmed case” to mean a COVID-19 infection where a person is:
- asymptomatic and has taken two rapid tests, at least 24 hours apart, and both rapid tests indicate the person is positive for COVID-19;
- symptomatic and has taken one or more rapid tests indicating the person is positive for COVID-19; OR
- asymptomatic or symptomatic and has taken a PCR test which indicates the person is positive for COVID-19.
As outlined in CMOH Order 02-2022, a person is required to be in isolation if the person is:
- symptomatic; or
- asymptomatic and have taken one rapid test with a positive result; or
- a confirmed case of COVID-19.
For symptomatic persons:
- A symptomatic person who is fully vaccinated is required to isolate for 5 days from the start of symptoms or until symptoms resolve (whichever is longer). For 5 days following their isolation, a fully vaccinated individual must wear a mask whenever they are in a public place or in the company of another person (no exceptions permitted).
- A symptomatic person who is NOT fully vaccinated is required to isolate for 10 days from the start of symptoms or until symptoms resolve (whichever is longer).
A symptomatic individual, fully vaccinated or not fully vaccinated, is NOT required to isolate if TWO rapid tests, taken at least 24 hours apart, both indicate the person is negative for COVID-19 AND the COVID-19 symptoms have resolved.
For asymptomatic persons:
An asymptomatic person, fully vaccinated or not fully vaccinated, who has taken one rapid test indicating the person is positive for COVID-19, is required to isolate as outlined in the previous paragraphs. If the person continues to remain asymptomatic, they are directed to take a second rapid test, at least 24 hours after the initial rapid test. If the second rapid test comes back negative for COVID-19, and the person remains asymptomatic, the person is no longer required to isolate.
Sturgeon Public Schools will implement the 10-day isolation requirement for a confirmed case of COVID-19 (for students only). Requiring a student to wear a mask for 5 days following isolation, not being allowed to remove it to eat or drink, is not operational in the school setting. The Division feels that the segregation required to support a return to school after a 5-day isolation does not support the mental health and well-being of our students or respect their health privacy. This isolation requirement may differ for staff and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
2021-2022 Namao School Relaunch Guidebook
Alberta Daily Checklist
UPDATED: January 2022
Alberta Guidance for Schools
UPDATED: January 2022