At Namao School, we value our volunteers. We believe that volunteers enhance and extend learning by contributing to the successful operation of the school.
Please contact your students’ homeroom teacher or the school administration for information regarding opportunities to volunteer. All volunteers need a Criminal Record Check on file with the school. Please request a letter from the school to obtain a Criminal Record Check at your nearest police detachment.
We ask that parents coming in to volunteer to sign in the logbook located on the table outside the office as required by Workmen’s Compensation Board.
Confidentiality is of the utmost importance
- As a volunteer, you are in a position to learn more about staff and students, than would normally be learned from our “public image”. Care must be taken not to make comments harmful to the reputation of any pupil, professional, or other volunteer.
- You also have the right to expect that your participation will be treated with the same confidentiality and respect.
Guidelines help us to make our school a safe and successful place to be.
- Please sign in at the office when you arrive at the school and sign out when you leave.
- Volunteers work under the direction of a teacher or staff member.
- If a student’s behaviour is inappropriate and a request to change it does not bring about the desired results, please seek the assistance of a teacher.
- Please familiarize yourself with our safety policies, such as fire drills. Fire escape routes and plans are posted throughout the school.
- Be made to feel welcome and accepted.
- Have assistance in getting acquainted with students, with the task that you are involved in, and with the school.
- Be actively involved.
- Be appreciated by the staff and students.
- Know what you can expect from staff.
- Make a positive difference!
- Are punctual, or notify the school if they will be late or absent.
- Are enthusiastic.
- Use their strengths to their advantage; there are numerous ways to be involved.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Are welcome, and make others feel welcome.
Thank You! Together We Can Make a Difference