The teachers will not be developing class lists for student placement for the upcoming year at the end of June. The task of assigning students to classes is a complicated one. In making decisions the staff consider the following criteria:
- a balance of academic abilities
- a balance of each grade in a combined or split grade
- a balance of boys and girls
- a balance of “high demand” students in each classroom
- avoidance of personality conflicts between students
- a match between learning style and teaching style
The school will make the final decision surrounding student placement based upon the above criteria.