A strong partnership between parents, staff, and students is essential in assuring that each student meets his/her potential, thereby enabling Namao School to be the best possible school. As a Learning Community we believe that we should be committed to providing quality instruction with the prime focus on student learning.
Expectations for Students
As students of Namao School, we hold the following expectations of ourselves:
- Maintain a safe environment for students and staff through respect for rules and regulations.
- Pay attention in class to succeed to the best of our abilities and encourage others to do the same.
- Communicate with our teachers.
- Complete assignments to the best of our abilities and organize ourselves for success.
- Expect to be held accountable for our actions.
- Learn and have fun.
Expectations for Staff
As staff members of Namao School, we hold the following expectations of ourselves:
- Provide a safe and caring environment to enable each child to have a positive learning experience.
- Deliver the program of studies to students in a positive and engaging manner.
- Treat all people with respect and dignity.
- Exhibit and model appropriate social skills to be successful in the school and in society.
- Create and maintain a sound communication system with students, parents and other staff members.
- Remember what it is to be a student and help meet his/her needs by recognizing individual differences and learning styles.
Expectations for Parents
As concerned parents of Namao School students, we hold the following expectations of ourselves:
- Ensure our children's health by providing good nutrition, daily physical activity and adequate rest.
- Create a good working relationship, which involves understanding and respect among parents, teachers and students.
- Be a good role model by demonstrating tolerance, understanding, and commitment.
- Determine and maintain reasonable limits and expectations for our children's behavior with both positive and negative consequences for their actions.
- Keep the communication lines open between school and home in order to be actively involved in our children's education and aware of the school's expectations of our children.
- Encourage our children to be the best they can be and to remember what it is like to be a child.