Policies & Guidelines
- DAVE BERTSCH MEMORIAL (JR. HIGH)
- LEIGH KILARSKI MEMORIAL (GR. 6)
- FRAN ARKINS MEMORIAL (ELEMENTARY OR JR. HIGH)
- LYNNE ZENKO MEMORIAL (LIBRARY)
GUIDELINES FOR ELEMENTARY
- Honors - A mark of 4 in each of the four core subjects or any combination of 4’s and 5’s. No other subject would have a mark below 3.
- Merit - A mark of 4 in three of the four core subjects and a mark of 3 in the fourth core subject. No other subject would have a mark below 3.
GUIDELINES FOR JUNIOR HIGH
- Honors - An average of 80% or more in all four core subjects. No mark below 50% in any other subject.
- Merit - An average of 75% or more in all four core subjects. No mark below 50% in any other subject.
Year End Awards
Awards are recognized in four categories that students may excel:
GUIDELINES FOR PRIMARY, ELEMENTARY, AND JUNIOR HIGH
- Hard Worker - presented to students who complete assignments, strive for improvement (Primary), and exhibit good work habits.
- Namao Pride Award - presented to students who are responsible, dependable and obey school and classroom rules contributing to a positive classroom and school environment.
- Creativity - presented to the student who demonstrates original ideas and is able to express these ideas in a variety of mediums. (Primary)
- Most Improved - in academics and/or behavior (Primary only)
- Sportsmanship - presented to the student who demonstrates fair play, effort, etiquette (Primary) in physical education activities and on the playground
- Sportsmanship - presented to the student who shows a positive attitude in P.E.,(Elementary) and on the playground, accepts defeat as well as success, works well in a team situation and plays by the rules.
- Book Award (K – 9) - Book awards are presented to the most deserving student in each homeroom for depicting individual development and contributions to the class and school.
- Excellence in Music - presented to 2 students in each grade 1 to 5 homeroom who consistently have a positive attitude toward music, participate well and show enthusiasm.
JUNIOR HIGH SPORTS AWARDS
- Sports Award – Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper Certificates – presented to students who participate in a range of 1 to 6 school sports activities. These activities include Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, Journal Games and Track & Field events.
- Athlete of the Year - Male And Female
FINE ARTS AWARDS
- Most Improved Gr. 6 Band – 1 student
- Beginner Band Most Improved
- Advanced Band Most Improved
- Band Citizenship Award
- Beginner Band Proficiency Award
- Advanced Band Proficiency Award