We have students in our school with life threatening allergies. The allergic reactions occur when the child comes in contact (eating, touch, smell, etc.) with any form of nuts or nut based products.
Because of the severity of these allergic reactions, we encourage parents not to send peanut butter sandwiches, cookies with nuts or nuts of any sort to our school.
If on occasion nut products are brought into a targeted classroom by accident, a supervised eating area will be arranged for the child to eat this snack.